Monday, August 21, 2006

AMAZING

You know, I always castigated my hubby for being so loud and belligerent in public when someone would upset him...after all, it was EMBARRASSING! But, I have to admit....it usually got results.
Since the growth of my new balls, I understand it a lot better! It is really AMAZING how bold and loud you can be when your Mom is in the hospital in CCU and they don't respond to the call button for 15 minutes...especially when she flat-lined on them the morning before!
Since we could not spend the night with her in CCU, my sister and I did not find out about this til the next morning when our mother timidly told us she had had another "weak spell" the night before and couldn't get them to respond to the buzzer. But she didn't want to tell the Dr. about it because she didn't want to get the nurses in trouble! We kicked up enough of a fuss that the Dr. DID find out about it, and the nurses DID get in trouble. The Dr. checked the readouts from the monitor around the time this happened and found that her heart rate had plummeted almost 20 points! So, with the help of my sister,(who has ALWAYS had testicles of her own) we are going to encourage our mom to grow her own set!
It's simply AMAZING how much attention you can get when you are loud and belligerent!
To my hubby, I understand you a lot better now and will try not to gripe at you or be embarrassed the next time you feel the need to express yourself so loudly in public.
And a side note to anyone who may have an elderly parent in the hospital...do NOT watch "THE NOTEBOOK".

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

ummm... time for a new post Mom! :) I love you!

9:15 AM  
Blogger oldfartswife said...

I need to get me some of those balls!! ha

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home